This position supports the Naval Support Activity (NSA) Souda Bay fuels mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES SHALL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Position Location: Crete, Chania; Naval Support Activity (NSA) Souda Bay.
- Able to perform fuel servicing operations (refuel/defuel) by mobile fuel servicing equipment/trucks, portable pantograph, other associated fuel servicing equipment and hydrant fueling systems.
- Trained, and able to demonstrate appropriate use of radio procedures.
- Must pass a contractor administered base and flight line familiarization test, practical equipment/facility competency tests, and must be certified, by the Contractor, as qualified. Contractor must update the individuals training records prior to the unsupervised operation of any fuel servicing equipment. Must keep all certifications current and re-certify annually or as requested by the Customer.
- Must familiarize and comply with, safety regulations applicable to aviation and ground fuel servicing operations on and around the airfield and supported activities. Contract/Location specific training will be provided as necessary.
- Ability to perform lab fuel tests (site and/or equipment specific training will be provided as necessary) regularly using the on-site fuel laboratory. Ability to provide and clearly explain results to Site Management and the Fuels Manager Defense program (FMD).
- Properly and clearly document work accomplished on appropriate forms and log books.
- Licensed in accordance with local vehicle operating laws, regulations, and codes. Further, DSO’s shall possess and keep current/valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with the appropriate HAZMAT and tank truck endorsements.
- Perform other reasonably related incidental duties when directed within the job classification.
- Adhere to and comply with Company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Requisite knowledge and skills to meet the performance standards for assigned tasks and comply with all Federal, Greek, DoD, DLA Energy, Navy, and station/base regulations, instructions, guidelines, policy, and codes.
- Minimum of High School Degree or GED required.
- Minimum of +2 years of experience in driving a heavy duty, or equivalent to a 13 Ton, truck required.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of aircraft fueling and fuel systems operations.
- Valid Greek Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with necessary European, Agreement to carry Dangerous goods by Road (ADR), license.
- Able to read and understand English (be literate) to the extent the employee can understand and follow oral instructions/directions, read and understand instructions, directives, regulations, operating procedures, detailed written orders, and training materials, and be capable of writing in English to compose required detailed reports.
- Capable of performing basic numeric operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and the use of numbers as they relate to ledgers, logs, forms, meters, gauges, and measuring devices such as tapes, thermometers, hydrometers, and other instruments as may be used during the receipt, handling, inventory and issue of petroleum products.
- Able to work any shift (Day, Night, Mid, Weekend, Holiday – necessary to support contract requirements).
- Able to adhere to safety equipment and standards.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, and lift 50-75 lbs.
- Able to work in extreme and inclement weather conditions.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.